Next American City seeks a dynamic Designer who will build upon the organization’s strong design identity and support the organization’s growth.
The Designer position is a part-time commitment (20 hours per week). Candidates working in or willing to relocate to Philadelphia are preferred.
The Designer’s responsibilities include:
- Commissioning artwork (photography, illustration, etc.) for the weekly Forefront series
- Assembling downloadable content (PDFs, Kindle files, etc.) for Forefront
- Creating infographics and multimedia for Forefront and the Daily blog
- Working with the Special Projects Manager on all creative aspects of the Storefront for Urban Innovation
- Graphic design projects related to events, exhibits and other activities
- Designing an online and printed annual report
- Direction and design for marketing projects as necessary
Applicants should be:
- Passionate about and experienced in digital design, preferably with a varied background that includes print, exhibitions and multimedia;
- Civic-minded with an interest in, if not knowledge of, urban affairs;
- Self-motivated and eager to take advantage of Next American City’s platform to achieve a new level of professional success and to fulfill the organization’s goals.
Salary commensurate with experience. Will consider benefits and full-time employment for the right candidate.
All candidates should submit an application by email to info AT americancity.org with a cover letter pasted in the body of the email and a resume attached. Please make sure the subject line includes “Designer” We will accept applications until December 31, 2012, but will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis.