Sarah Goodyear has written about cities for a variety of publications, including Grist and Streetsblog. She lives in Brooklyn. She’s also on Twitter.
A $6.2 Billion Water Problem in New Orleans
Having Reached a Turning Point, the East Bay City Yearns for a Leader
San Antonio Is Growing and the Water Supply Is Diminishing. What’s the Strategy?
- Learn about the latest advances in conservation.
- Hear from the people on the front lines of Texas' battle with its worst drought since the 1950s.
- Find out how other cities can prepare for a future in which water is valued as a precious commodity.
Will Youngstown Frack Its Way Back?
- See how two national conundrums, urban decline and hydraulic fracking, have come to a head in Youngstown.
- Find out what an ongoing "planned shrinkage" effort has to do with fracking.
- Learn about the options on the table for a city that's lost 60 percent of its people in 60 years.
Local Engagement Comes to a Global Capital
- Learn how local activists in Gurgaon, India are fighting for more transparent and accountable government.
- Meet newly elected representatives like Nisha Singh who are changing the way the middle class engages with government
- See how global capital is transforming India.