At A Glance
- 7.6 million population
- 2% annual population growth rate
- 8.4 million population (metro area)
- 33%+ share of Lima residents living in slums
- 50-65% share of Lima residents working in the informal economy
- (Statistics are estimates and compiled from multiple sources)
- 60 percent of Lima’s female workers work in the informal economy. Of these, only 15 percent have health coverage and 4 percent have retirement benefits.
- 95 percent of Lima’s public transportation is informal.
- FORO Nacional Internacional (grantee)
- Fe y Alegria
- Jose Castillo Q&A on Informal Urbanism in Latin America