Manila’s Quest to Build a Better Informal Settlement
- Learn how different groups in Metro Manila are working to reverse the city's long history of chaotic and ineffective relocations.
- Tour an entrepreneurial farm where resettled slum dwellers live communally and cultivate their own start-up businesses.
- Find out how Habitat for Humanity is fashioning itself as a broker between banks, government and settlers to acquire land for slum dwellers.
Reexamining the SRO
- Learn about the tricky legal ground housing officials must navigate when trying to shut down illegal apartment conversions.
- Find out why local leaders from New York to Seattle want to allow housing developers to build even smaller than they already do.
- Meet New Yorkers who would have nowhere to go without SROs.
Learning to Lead Through Networks
- Learn how the Fund for Our Urban Future is bringing digital-age manufacturing to formerly industrial Northeast Ohio.
- Read why the 21st-century global economy makes regional networking and collaboration necessary for strong and healthy metro areas.
- Find out why the age of the lone economic genius is over.