Will Casinos Be a Win for Ohio Cities?
- Learn about the issues, from taxes to historic preservation, at stake in Cleveland and beyond as casinos enter downtowns.
- Find out how Ohio went from having no casinos to having one in each of its largest cities in less than a year.
- See what casinos have (and haven't) done for cities and downtowns in the past.
Will Insourcing Give the U.S. the Jobs it Needs?
- Meet the players trying to restore manufacturing jobs from Michigan to Georgia.
- Learn about the policies and practices meant to spur insourcing, and where they've seen the most success.
- Find out how American manufacturing has moved beyond the assembly line to become a safer, greener and choosier employer.
Fighting for the Future of a São Paulo Neighborhood
- Learn about the paradigm-shifting land use policies behind the biggest real estate development in the biggest city in South America.
- Read about how global development trends are playing out in Brazil.
- Understand how land expropriation could affect a neighborhood once ravaged by crack but now bustling with Peruvian immigrants, students and artists.
Is There an Urban Agriculture Bubble?
- Find out what is — and isn't — on the horizon for much-lauded urban farms around the country.
- Learn how Montreal's Lufa Farms has bucked the trend to become profitable and self-sustaining.
- Discover how farms and cities are not as historically divergent as one might think.
The Water Mafia in Booming Bangalore
- Learn about the role water mafias play in India and the circumstances by which they emerged.
- See how neighborhoods like Whitefield have grown at a rate outpacing the available supply of natural resources.
- Meet the experts advocating for better policies regulating growth in Bangalore and all of urban India.
Four Urban Corridors that Beat the Odds and Redefined a City
- Read about the strategies that put four ailing commercial corridors back on the map.
- Learn about what's working for community development leaders at the top of their game.
- Get inspiration for new partnerships that could help your community.
The People, Places and Ideas That Changed Cities This Year
- Learn about 77 people, groups and concepts making waves in cities from Chennai, India to Ithaca, N.Y.
- Read about who is involved, what they're up against and how they have succeeded in the fight to make cities better.
- See how cities have changed in the past year on a local, national and global level.
Recovering from the Urban Hospital Addiction
- Find out why close to 20 percent of American seniors are back in the hospital within 30 days of being released, and what stats like this mean for urban communities.
- Learn why the Obama administration is investing in hot spotting.
- Find out about Roemer's Law and why the U.S. care system rewards filling hospital beds over preventative care.
Working Toward a Retrofitted Nation
- Learn about the innovative retrofitting programs being developed by community development financial institutions.
- Get to know the players moving ahead the energy efficiency movement in Seattle, Philadelphia and other cities.
- Read about new initiatives to change the way energy efficiency improvements are financed.
Local Engagement Comes to a Global Capital
- Learn how local activists in Gurgaon, India are fighting for more transparent and accountable government.
- Meet newly elected representatives like Nisha Singh who are changing the way the middle class engages with government
- See how global capital is transforming India.
A Boutique Hotel Sells Pittsburgh to Itself
- Learn how the charms of Steel City seduced Ace founder Alex Calderwood.
- Read about how Pittsburgh stabilized its shrinking core.
- See how the ultimate third space goes about choosing where to bring its brand of cool.
Getting Fast in KC
- Learn why Google is developing a digital hub in the heartland.
- Read about the tech giant's strategies for working with Kansas Citians to get its Fiber network off the ground.
- Gain understanding of how this latest Google project fits into the larger debate over how to best wire a city.
Restoring Hope to the Port of Philadelphia
- Learn about Philadelphia's costly gambit to revive its ailing port and how it fits into a national scramble to modernize ports for an increasingly globalized, mechanized world.
- Hear from national experts on how an expansion of the Panama Canal due to be complete in 2015 will affect American docks.
- Read about how regional in-fighting over the port's expansion has delayed progress and increased costs.
Selling China on Glass City
- Explore how and why U.S. cities like Toledo are vying for foreign investors.
- Learn about the best practices for attracting and collaborating with new investors.
- Dive into complex questions of nationalism, pragmatism and economics facing cities working with international developers.
The Rise and Stalls of BRT in Mexico City and Beyond
- Learn how Mexico City overcame its "anarchic" transit system to become a world leader in bus rapid transit.
- Find out what the future holds for cities like Chicago, San Francisco and especially Cleveland that have an eye on true BRT progress.
- Meet the players who want to help take Mexico City's BRT system to the next level.
The Southwest Bets on Interstate 11
- Learn about a new superhighway project that could transform the Southwest into an economic powerhouse, but not without an environmental cost.
- Read about the challenges of implementing forward-thinking transportation policy in today's political climate.
- Find out the economic and demographic trends underway in the Southwest.
The Struggle to Keep Houses Standing in The Ville
- Learn how St. Louis is confronting threats such as endemic brick theft and a population in decline.
- Explore strategies for preserving architecture in communities with few resources.
- Get to know the neighborhood that Chuck Berry called home.
Is the Governor of New York Building a Bridge to Yesterday?
- Learn why transportation advocates fear a rebuilt Tappan Zee Bridge will be obsolete on the day it opens.
- Read how austerity pressures are redefining how we plan and build infrastructure.
- Understand the evolution of the American mega-project.
Building Housing Right in Politically Correct Seattle
- Read how famously progressive Seattle is navigating the debate over public housing roiling cities across the country.
- Deepen your understanding of federal housing policy and how evolving norms and regulations are affecting cities.
- Learn how residents of Seattle's public housing community are responding to transformations happening in their neighborhood.
Making a Virtual Village to Create a Better City
- Learn about the most influential Gov. 2.0 players.
- Explore the latest strategies for breaching the digital divide to revitalize neighborhoods.
- Read about the challenges facing tech innovators such as ioby, Neighborland and Code for America as they work to create offline impact.