This event, the inaugural lecture of the Philadelphia 360 series, will feature a representative of the John McCain and Barack Obama campaigns to discuss how each candidate will treat urban issues in their administration: what are the key issues; how best to address them; why they are important to the broader national challenges including the economy and jobs, climate and environmental conditions, and national security and international relations; and more pointedly, how do aging industrial cities like Philadelphia factor into the national picture. These issues provide the broad frame for thinking about planning and economic development policy in Philadelphia, serving as a platform for the later discussion in this series that will focus on anchor institutions.
Tweets about ""Next City" OR #cities OR #sustainable OR #transit OR #urban OR #urbanism OR #econdev OR #mapping OR from:nextcityorg OR from:dianalindindex"
- The World Needs More Slums – 05/07/2013
- There Are Few Trees in Louisville, America’s Fastest Warming City – 05/08/2013
- Announcing the 2013 Vanguard Class – 05/16/2013
- The Unlikely Ascent of Palestine’s Green Architects – 05/13/2013
- Has Atlantic City Reached the End? – 05/06/2013