A freelance journalist and editor based in Istanbul, David Lepeska writes about Islam, technology, media, and cities and sustainability, and has contributed to The New York Times, The Economist, The Financial Times, The Guardian, Metropolis, Monocle, The Atlantic Cities and other outlets.
What the Bloomingdale Trail and Other Emerging Urban Parks Are Teaching Us About the Future of Public Space
- Learn why there will never be another High Line.
- Read about the the strategies that Chicago, Philadelphia and St. Louis have adapted as they move forward with their own parks in the sky.
- Meet the thinkers and doers behind the next generation of urban green spaces
Is There an Urban Agriculture Bubble?
- Find out what is — and isn't — on the horizon for much-lauded urban farms around the country.
- Learn how Montreal's Lufa Farms has bucked the trend to become profitable and self-sustaining.
- Discover how farms and cities are not as historically divergent as one might think.
Making a Virtual Village to Create a Better City
- Learn about the most influential Gov. 2.0 players.
- Explore the latest strategies for breaching the digital divide to revitalize neighborhoods.
- Read about the challenges facing tech innovators such as ioby, Neighborland and Code for America as they work to create offline impact.