Jake Blumgart is a reporter and researcher based in Philadelphia. He covers sexual health issues, labor rights, transit policy and social welfare issues, often with a regional focus.
Casino Profits Are Falling. Sea Levels Are Rising. What’s Next for AC?
- Learn how the battle between Atlantic City Mayor Lorenzo Langford and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie continues to play out in AC's distressed neighborhoods.
- Meet the AC residents and labor leaders who are fighting to keep the city alive.
- Read about the few options Atlantic City has if its future is to be any brighter than its post-Sandy present.
Recovering from the Urban Hospital Addiction
- Find out why close to 20 percent of American seniors are back in the hospital within 30 days of being released, and what stats like this mean for urban communities.
- Learn why the Obama administration is investing in hot spotting.
- Find out about Roemer's Law and why the U.S. care system rewards filling hospital beds over preventative care.