Jake Blumgart is a reporter and researcher based in Philadelphia. He covers sexual health issues, labor rights, transit policy and social welfare issues, often with a regional focus.
Delaware’s Biggest City Is Ripe for Reinvention. What’s Missing?
The Modern Politics Behind Rob Ford’s Subway Obsession
Casino Profits Are Falling. Sea Levels Are Rising. What’s Next for AC?
- Learn how the battle between Atlantic City Mayor Lorenzo Langford and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie continues to play out in AC's distressed neighborhoods.
- Meet the AC residents and labor leaders who are fighting to keep the city alive.
- Read about the few options Atlantic City has if its future is to be any brighter than its post-Sandy present.
Recovering from the Urban Hospital Addiction
- Find out why close to 20 percent of American seniors are back in the hospital within 30 days of being released, and what stats like this mean for urban communities.
- Learn why the Obama administration is investing in hot spotting.
- Find out about Roemer's Law and why the U.S. care system rewards filling hospital beds over preventative care.