Mark Bergen is a journalist formerly from Chicago and now based in Bangalore, India. He writes the Econometro blog for Forbes.com and has covered politics and policy for GOOD, The Atlantic Cities, Tablet Magazine, Religion Dispatches and the Chicago Reader.
The Water Mafia in Booming Bangalore
- Learn about the role water mafias play in India and the circumstances by which they emerged.
- See how neighborhoods like Whitefield have grown at a rate outpacing the available supply of natural resources.
- Meet the experts advocating for better policies regulating growth in Bangalore and all of urban India.
Can Howard Schultz and the Coffee-Drinking Public Solve America’s Jobs Crisis?
- Learn about Starbucks' Create Jobs for USA initiative, its impact and why the retailer's entry into the jobs debate matters to the country's future.
- Read what leading policymakers are saying about the effort.
- Hear from the small business owners and organizations who have received loans through the coffee giant's initiative.
How Can Cities Recapture Investment In Public Infrastructure?
- Learn what Value Capture means and the theory that's being applied.
- Explore innovative public-private financing strategies.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the latest thinking on public infrastructure finance.